How to Volunteer
- At least 18 years of age (proof of age is required.)
- Able to make at least a six month commitment (12 months perferred.)
- Have reliable transportation.
- If volunteering for a Feeding, Cleaning and Socialization shift, able to commit to one scheduled shift of several hours per week. We will work with your schedule to find a shift that is right for you.
- Possess strong customer service skills, including clear communication, as all volunteers will have contact with the public, other volunteers and PetSmart staff.
- We recommend getting a tetanus shot, if not already up-to-date.
After receiving your application, the volunteer coordinator will contact you to discuss our needs and your interests and availability. One-on-one volunteer orientations at the Adoption Center are scheduled at a mutually agreed upon time.